The rules for posting are simple!

1. Every Friday post a photo that includes one or more flowers.
2. Please only post photos you have authority to use.
3. Include a link to this blog in your post - http://floralfridayfoto.blogspot.com/
4. Leave the link to your FloralFridayFoto post below on inlinkz.
5. Visit other blogs listed ... comment & enjoy!

When to Post:
inlinkz will be available every Thursday and will remain open until the next Wednesday.

Thursday 26 July 2012

FFF36 - A HAPPY WANDERER

The Native Sarsaparilla Hardenbergia violacea (var. 'Happy Wanderer') is a useful climbing and creeping plant useful as a ground cover that grows prolifically in the Southern Australian Region. This vigorous, popular and generally hardy Australian native plant grows to about 1 metre high by 1 metre wide. The pea shape flowers appear in late winter and early spring and are violet in colour. It can be used as a ground cover and will climb on a support. It prefers an open sunny position. Pink and white flowering cultivars are also available.

Join me for Floral Friday Fotos by linking your flower photos below, and please leave a comment once you have done so!

17 comments:

  1. I love this color and it's so vivid in your photo. Is it not invasive like other legumes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks like clitoria ternatea.
    beautiful color.

    Peachy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know HOW you keep coming up with all these exotic flowers that I have never seen before week after week :) Great photo - great color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love anything purple! This is a lovely flower - I didn't know the name of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is such a beautiful native. I've never seen it growing up here though. Probably far too tropical for this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty colour, I would love to see this growing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Purple flowers are my FAVORITE and yours is so beautiful! I love the pea shaped flowers and slight varigation of the petals. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My gosh, your photos just keep getting better and more fabulous than the last one! Incredible color!


    http://ladyd-books.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. While I imagine this flower is beautiful in either white or pink I love this rich purple shade. Great photo!
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's very pretty. I don't think I've ever seen one before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a very nice photo of a beautiful flower.
    Have a Good Day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely capture of the Hardenbergia Nick - it is such a vibrant plant. Thanks for sharing and hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like some kind of pea. :)

    ReplyDelete